Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Thursday 13 March 2008

"P" & "P"..... what is that?

From yesterday to tommorow, my church (DUMC) is having our three days fast and prayer... Every morning for this three days, we have morning prayer at 5:30am.. I went this morning and I was tremendously blessed and edified.

Our Senior Pastor shared something which really spoke to me alot.. that is the whole area about Perseverance in Prayer.. Ya.. that is the "P" & "P" I am talking about... Perseverance and Prayer... SP shared from Luke 18:1-8 which speaks about the persistency of a widow.. I took the liberty of posting the verses in the following.. May the Word of God speaks for Itself..

The Parable of the Persistent Widow
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'
"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "
And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Also lets look at the book of Daniel.... as follows.. amazing stuff SP shared...

In Daniel 9:22 - 23, the Word of God says.. ".....He instructed me and said to me, "Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision:...."

In Daniel 10:12, the Word of God says.. "....Then he continued, 'Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.'...."

yup.. "as soon as prayer begins".. and "since the first day of praying".... God already hears and He already sends the angels to come.. However, it may seem to us that it is taking a little time or rather sometimes, a long time... Why? most times, it is because of the distance of our hearts.. Our hearts are far away and it takes time for the angels of God to reach us..

Wow.. that makes lots of sense.. We are all called to persevere in prayers.. and not to give up..but, Press in!.. God's help is on the way... So, we are called to be faithful, to have fervor and to have Faith... Faith in praying... Faith to believe God for great and mighty things.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment