Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Sunday 16 March 2008

Good Daily Prayer to pray into our lives...

Got the following prayer from my daily devotion from the Vine.... Powerful prayer to pray into our lives... as the Lord says in Jeremiah 1:12 that "I am watching over My word to perform it." God loves us so very de much... :D

"Lord, Your Word says that if I call on You, You will answer me; You will be with me in trouble, You will honour me and You will deliver me (Psalm 91:15). You said that through the power of Your indwelling Spirit I would be set free from this vicious cycle of temptation, sin and failure (Romans 8:2). You said if I fully commit my life to You, I'd have the strength to stand up to the devil and he would flee from me (James 4:7). You said You have given me the power to pull down all my old mental strongholds and take control of every wayward thought, imagination, and impulse (2 Corinthians 10:5). You said that by reading Your Word each day and meditating on it, I would become a partaker of Your divine nature, and overcome the destructive tendencies of my flesh (2 Peter 1:4). You said I'd be strengthened in my mind, my emotions and my will; that my self-worth would be based solely on Your love for me; and that You would do exceedingly abundantly above all I could ask or think - because You are at work in me (Ephesians 3:14-21). Today I thank You for helping me to overcome this habit. In Christ's name, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment