Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Monday 18 February 2008

Speak up and out....

From the recent experience, I hope to blog and write of the lessons I learnt.. Of one that is really vital is to be surrounded by prayers, intercessors praying. I had Nine of them who I could sms any time any day, to intercede and pray... You know who you are, thank you for your time and support.. and the many hugs.. :)

For this particular post, I just felt that I want to write about two lessons I learnt that really is needful for anyone who is going through emotional roller coaster rides.. be it due to relationships, financial, physical health etc.. Firstly, is the ability of being able to speak up and out.. not to every Tom, Dick or Harry.. what I mean is to be able to go to someone (it could be one or more) and to confide comfortably and be real to them, trusting God that they are able to handle the information that you are about to share and to intercede for you.

Seek the Lord's guidance to find these selected friends whom you can share freely and comfortably. I am truly blessed that God has sent so many to me and from there, I went to nine of them. In their own special ways, they have each blessed me differently at different times throughout the period of working through feelings and emotions.

For every feelings that came about, I chose to sms it out to these friends, to seek them to pray.. to be accountable of my feelings so that it would not cause me to spiral down too deeply into sadness and depression. Alot of times, it is when we think too much or dwelling too much in "not so good" thoughts that caused much confusions to mind and deception of the evil one would just be able to penetrate through and attack. When able to talk it out to selected people, it truly helps alot.. to cry, or to even be angry (the right anger meaning not sin while being angry)..... I also realised that crying is truly good as form of release of the hurts and pains.. It is when you cry, God is able to slowly heal those wounds.. Heart is soft and tender where God's touch would soothe the pain..

Also, talking to someone reliable helps to prevent the hurting heart from hardening.. It is a big "NO-NO" to harden the heart but sometimes, it is so so painful (no words are able to describe such pain) that it felt that it is a quicker way to just harden the heart and do not feel. I have learnt in my personal experience that it is ok to let the heart be painful and just cry and cry. Somehow, as I cried and cried, I could feel that strange release deep within.. Deep groaning and mourning just further stirred the heart of God to come and be by my side to heal the wound.. Now, looking back, it is just an amazing process but of course, I wouldn't choose to go through it again. Yet, since I have gone through it and still in process of more healing of the heart, I want to share it so that others would be blessed.

Two important lessons for now:
  1. Be surrounded by close and reliable supporters who would pray and intercede..
  2. Be willing to talk about what is going on, to reliable and trustworthy people and be accountable and be ministered to.
But of course, don't go and overwhelm yourself with the details... What had happened, you can't change it but one thing you can do is to learn from it to the maximum capacity and move on.. as an overcomer. The Lord has called all of us to be overcomers, to see beyond ourselves and see our dear Lord Jesus Christ. Tough, yes but once you trust Jesus to take that first step, it becomes way much easier after that.. Believe me.. Why? coz I am definitely speaking out of experience. *wink*....

Well... I better be off now..... Hope to write soon...... :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a comment from a new friend I met recently in church.. (03.05.2011)


    Hi Vivien and readers :)

    I would like to first of all say thank you to you V for sharing your experiences and how you overcame as as you say yes, we are overcomers in Christ Jesus! :)
    I'd like to add my experience to the pot much of which is the same as Vivien's.
    I had a roller coaster experience just this last year 2010-11. Wow what an experience of emotions I experience: excitement, adventure, risk taking, hope, faith, disappointment, torment, grief, sorrow, confusion, denial, helplessness, fear, dread to then come back to loss, guilt, mourning/relief,faith,joy, peace and hope! All of this took me completely by surprise having been sooo peaceful in my walk with Jesus those past 3- 4 years, I had been growing stronger and closer to God more than ever but then the devil caught me off guard and wow did I allow him to take me under!
    However!!!! No as the Word says ' No weapon formed against us will prosper'. The Lord, (looking back I see this) His hand was on me 'all of the time' even when it felt like he was soooo far away. Where the devil had blinded me sooo much that I couldn't see out of the thick fog in my eyes, The Lord sent people upon people for me to talk to, who eventually opened my eyes to the truth of what was happening, people I'd never spoken to before who came into my life with encouraging words and knowledge, who were unbeknown to me at the time strong believers in Jesus, friends both Christian and Non-Christian, family again both C and NC, my pastors, people from church. The Lord gave me those people to protect, warn, comfort but sometimes just purely tell me the truth as it was and boy did that truth hurt at times!
    So yes as V say's find people to talk to - trusted people. I learnt a lesson not to open up as V again quoted to every Tom, Dick or Harry as during the times of complete confusion I went around just talking to people of whom I'd not usually open up because I was soooo in need of answers. I know now that in future my selection will hopefully be better to avoid everyone knowing my trials and seeing me looking like a headless chicken Lol not a believer in an amazing Lord who keeps us safe through the fire!
    But yes, talk and listen to: First and foremost your Heavenly Father, secondly to wise counsel. Some scriptures on good counsel:
    World English Bible
    The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who is wise listens to counsel.

    Bless you all :)xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to you for sharing your experiences .. and God bless you ^^

    ReplyDelete