Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 22 February 2008

Sheep...

ya.. I was talking about us being called His sheep... Why "Sheep"? Do you ever wonder why? I got to know one of the meanings of "sheep" not too long ago from one of the Christian seminars that I went to. It goes something like this, "A weak, bashful, silly fellow." (I just found this in the internet to reconfirm what I have heard...) What is your response when you first read this?

You know what was mine when I first got to know of it? I was like... "Oh!"... "Mmm.." and later on, few minutes later, I thought, it does make sense.. Whether we admit it or not, we are like sheep... Well, I better not say "we".. I would say.. "I".. I am like a sheep or rather I am a sheep because I am weak, bashful (bashful means Abashed; daunted; dismayed), silly fellow.

But; the good news is that where there are sheep, there is always a shepherd. So, likewise, for me, for you and for us, we have Jesus Christ, our Great Shepherd. Shepherd's roles are just wonderful... to guard, herd, lead or drive... Shepherd loves his sheep very much and will go all out to protect the sheep.

Psalm 100:3 says.... "Know that the LORD IS GOD. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the SHEEP of His pasture."

I also have this postcard-like picture of a sheep with the above verse on it.. Wait till I scan it and upload it... If I can la.. no promises though.. hehehe..

So.. we are not meant to be "smart" after all.... *wink*.. but of course, God has granted us wisdom and discernment to decide and choose. Because He loves us so much that He allows us to choose.. But He still leads... coz we need Him. That is the Father's Love for His people. Thank You Lord.

k.... work time......

No comments:

Post a Comment