Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Tuesday 26 February 2008

Spiritual Soulmates..

Mm.. This is an interesting topic.. spiritual soulmates.. have the kindred spirit.. I really like that.. and have always been praying that I would be able to meet friends like that.. you know, somehow, just connected.. Like within me and within the other person, there is that leap of joy..

This morning, as I was reading the daily devotion from the Vine, they were talking about this.. So, I just want to share it here in the blog.. I recognise the importance and the blessings because I have experienced that many times in my life.. God has blessed me much in this area.. Thanks Friends.. you know who you are... hehe..

*********************
Spiritual Soulmates
The baby leaped in her womb.
Luke 1:41 NIV

After telling the Virgin Mary, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you," the Angel of the Lord announces, "Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age… For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:35-37 NIV). Next we read, "Mary got ready and hurried… she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: 'Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!… As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished'" (Luke 1:39-45 NIV).

What a story! When Mary greeted Elizabeth, the child of destiny within her (John the Baptist) leaped for joy. Every Mary needs an Elizabeth - and vice versa! Notice: when Mary heard what God had done in Elizabeth's life she "got ready and hurried" (Luke 1:39 NIV) to meet her. She also "stayed with Elizabeth for about three months" (Luke 1:56 NIV).

When God introduces you to someone who's been touched by His Spirit and carries within them the same vision you do, reach out to them, treasure them and spend time with them. They are Spiritual soulmates! The connection between these two women didn't take place because they were cousins. The truth is, sometimes our own families are the first to criticise and the last to understand us. "How will I recognise a Spiritual soulmate?" you ask. When you're around them something within you will leap for joy, and you will be "filled with the Holy Spirit".
*********************

I pray that all of us will be blessed with many spiritual soulmates... to share, to love and to be there for one another.. I also recognised that it is even more vital for husband and wife that they are spiritual soulmates.. Well, I am praying and waiting in the Lord.. *wink*... God has His ways and His ways are higher than ours... And He always wants to bless us. At times when we think God is not blessing us, well, honestly speaking, it is when we have decided not to hear what He is saying. Not so much of Him not blessing us. His blessings are still there but because of disobedience on our own part, we couldn't receive His blessings.

I am saying that for myself as I recognise the many times when things didn't turn out well, I have said loudly, "God, why You don't bless me??" without realising that I have disobeyed Him and God has to over and over again in His stilled small voice, convict my heart. Then, I would be like... "O.."; feeling embarassed for my actions and words.. Asking for His forgiveness... Amazing thing is that everytime, God would wrap His arms around me, smiling at me, saying "it is ok. You are learning. Learn from it and move on."

I thank God that He never gives up on me and still pursuing my heart. He is the Awesome God... :D Getting to know Him and His heart continues to just make me feel so awed... so touched... and even more curious to want to know Him deeper..

No comments:

Post a Comment