Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 29 February 2008

Who is to judge?

Think this question does run through our minds alot especially when we felt being treated unfairly. Mm.. I just thought I want to write about this.. but before I scribble away as the thoughts come, would like to include the following verse from the bible.. where Jesus were saying in Matthew 7:1-2 that "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

So who is to judge?

Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 4: 3-5 says, "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God."

The Word of God is very clear on this.. but how much have the truth settled in my heart with regards to this? especially during times and situations where someone has wronged me. It is truly difficult and unthink of but yet this is the Word of God wo.. The Word of God says to judge nothing, and to wait till the Lord comes. Basically it means giving no room for any circumstances.. It is like saying, in ALL circumstances, judge nothing and no-one and wait till the Lord comes. Wow-ee.. that is tough... How to do that? Lord, have mercy on me..

Leaving you with something to reflect about........ and I will continue in my next post on how to do what the Word of God says to do that is to JUDGE NOTHING.. Just a little tip that I have learnt personally.. which I find it to be very helpful for myself as I manage thoughts and feelings in times of unfairness..

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this very edifying post, Vivien. :)

    Keep on blogging! ^_^

    ReplyDelete