Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Devotion Reading: Intimacy with God...

Devotion on 28th February 2008... yet it speaks again......

***********************************
Spiritual Intimacy
That I may... become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him.
Philippians 3:10 AMP

In Genesis 2:25 we read, "The man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed" (NAS). That's intimacy! But the ultimate intimacy is not with your husband or wife; it's with God! And Paul didn't just pray for it, he pursued it: "[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognising and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly]" (Philippians 3:10 AMP). Can you say that? Or do you sing His praises with a mind that's elsewhere? Are you so critical that you sound like an unbeliever? Paul would respond this way: "My aim is for that never to be true of me. I'll pursue a relationship with God that's so close, He and I will walk together whatever comes." That should be our goal too! Our tendency is to get busier and busier. As a result our walk with God stays shallow and our tank runs low. Spiritual intimacy offers a full tank that can only be found by pulling up closer to God, which requires taking the time and effort to make it happen.

Intimacy with God doesn't take place overnight. Your friends and family will misunderstand you. Your flesh will work against you. Adverse circumstances will come to discourage you. If it came easily everyone would be experiencing it. No, the prize goes to those who can say, "[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him]."
**********************************
May you be blessed and edified...

No comments:

Post a Comment