Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Sunday 2 March 2008

Are all of us like prodigal son?

A devotion that I read and it really spoke to me... as I reflecting and seeking God as to what He is say here...

*************************************
Prodigal, Come Home!

I will arise and go to my father.
Luke 15:18

The prodigal son demanded his inheritance before he was ready for it, and it turned out to be the worst thing that could have happened to him. He "set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine… So he went and hired himself out to a citizen… who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything" (Luke 15:13-16 NIV). Solomon writes, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death" (Proverbs 14:12 NIV). What seems like a good idea today may cost you dearly tomorrow. So trust God when He says "no", and thank Him when He pulls back on the reins.

In Luke Chapter 15 Jesus points out that the shepherd went looking for the lost sheep, the woman went looking for the lost silver, but nobody went looking for the lost son. He took himself away, he let himself down, he picked himself up, he brought himself back. Nobody is going to do this for you. You must do it! The prodigal son said, "I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, 'Father, I have sinned'." Notice three important statements. (a) "I will arise." Everybody falls; the winners are the ones who get back up again. (b) "And go back to my father." If you are sick of religion - try Jesus. He won't disappoint you! (c) "And will say to Him, Father, I have sinned."

Today, pray and make things right between you and your Heavenly Father.
*************************************


I am reminded this morning of this one particular area of my life where there are wrong stuff that I have been doing.. and this devotion really spoke to me of His Grace and Mercy.. Mm.. Also want to write that, as small as the wrong doing may be, it is still a sin.. It is regardless of the size or volume or seriousness of the wrongdoing. They are all still sins and I still need to confess, repent and ask for forgivenenss.. I realised that very much this morning.. I am asking God to reveal to me the things of my heart and to convict me "gently" the areas where I need to confess, repent and ask for forgiveness.. Gosh, there are plenty but He is gracious and kind.. He is revealing one by one.. and in His time.. And the beautiful thing is I can make mistakes and it is ok to fail. What matters most to God is how I respond after I realise that I make mistakes or after I fail. Thank You O Lord.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment