Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Thursday 14 August 2008

The meaning of....

"Relinquish"... according to the freedictionary.com is
  1. To retire from; give up or abandon.
  2. To put aside or desist from (something practiced, professed, or intended).
  3. To let go; surrender.
  4. To cease holding physically; release
Why am I scribbling about this word? Well, seems like quite a few people using this word to me recently and I was rather curious to find out what is the difference between this word and the word, "Cease"... which means as follows:
  1. To come to an end;
  2. To stop performing an activity or action;
Sounds like the same meaning, relatively.. but relinquish sounds like a nicer word to use.. hehehe.. Well, this is a flash time for "English lesson"... how interesting.. bleh.. hehhe... It is more for me to understand, actually...

(Scribbler feeling hungry... gonna get food.... )

No comments:

Post a Comment