Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 19 September 2008

Comparison...

Eh... it just dawned unto me that it is very tiring when making comparison with others.. but it is so easy to fall into such trap of comparing self with others.. goodness me.. I have to put a "HALT" sign to my face! Thank God that was done in time, else, I would be travelling down the road to disaster.. The warning sign that I had is that I was feeling tired and tired... this simply won't do.. but am glad that I snapped out of it..

But just imagine, going through life, always comparing self with others.. Hmm... Something not right somewhere, I would think.. God has made everyone of us differently, uniquely different.. and that is something truly precious.. So, why compare with others? Hehehe.. is it out of "envy"? "greed"? Hmmm.. or just plainly not contented with who we are... ? wow.. this is serious stuff..

Well, there is this verse in the Bible where Jesus was talking to Peter, "... what is that to you?..." (John 21:22) when Peter asked, "But Lord, what about this man?" (John 21:21).. Isn't it obvious that Peter was comparing and Jesus asked him back, what is that to you?... Oops.. Anyway, it means quite clearly to me that Jesus said not to compare!.. This verse is very dear to me and a constant reminder to me not to compare especially when the temptation comes.. It will come.. coz the tendency is there to compare.. I am just scribbling out of honesty of what is really within me.. I would be lying if I say I am not tempted to compare myself with others.. Alot of times even, I naturally compared with others and only realised that I did that after a second thought or even after third or fourth thoughts.. hehe.. and I would be.. "oops.. I did it again!".. Do you ever feel that? I know I have.. zillion times.. hehehe.. that shows that I am very much human and well.. am and will always be on the learning mode.. realising stuff, discovering.. Ah.. that is part of life!.. hehehe.. or rather that is Life!.. always learning..

Well.. I have entered the third week of the new chapter of my life.. officially.. hahaha.. next week onwards, the study gear has to be moved up as there would be lectures to attend, tutor to meet, etc etc... Here goes Vivien... hehehehe....... zooooooom.............

No comments:

Post a Comment