Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 19 September 2008

Birmingham City University...

This is where I will be for the coming months.. minimum 6 months.. thereafter? we shall see what happens then.. so, what is ahead of me during this minimum 6 months? Hmm.. till now, I still do not really know except that I have lectures to attend, books to read, tutors to meet, assignments to do, a dissertation to write.. all rather academically, I would say.. Other than that, well... I really do not know except to trust in God's guidance and His provision.. I pray and hope that I would be able to walk with the Lord's Word being a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Psalm 119:105).

Timely spoken, Hebrews 11:1 was shared at last Sunday in church.. that says.. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"... I am going by faith... with much hope in God.. walking the little steps that I know and trusting Him to know the bigger picture ahead.. hehehe.. so exciting!..

Even as I am here in Birmingham, I also heard much things taking place back home, about friends and even about the political arena.. and I thought to myself, well, all of us need to be strengthened in God at all times.. to press on! in spite of circumstances.. The vitality of being strengthened in God.. the importance of seeking God, spending time with Him... to live out this one life that He has given me, given us to the fullnest as it were.. for we never know what is going to take place.. truly, we do not know.. live a day each time!.. live the present, make the best out of what we know with His prompting and leading.. and with much much hope of what is ahead that He has installed for me, for us..

Last Sunday's sermon was about knowing our destiny.. I thought that was really a timely sermon for me.. and it talked about two things.. Identity and Purpose.. Our identity in Christ and His purpose for us to do different things... It is our choice all the way whether we agree with God based on His Word and His promises.. wonder you would have caught what I have caught as I scribble about this.. Hmm.. think each of us really have different journey to walk, run.. but the main THING is still the same.. fixing our eyes on Jesus, seeking Him... trusting in His Words, knowing what He said and keep holding on to it in ALL situations and circumstances..

I just thought I want to leave my scribbling with this note above.. somehow, felt that on and off, we all need reminders.. He is constantly reminding me as well.. especially so when now, I am in a new country, meeting new people.. What is my choice.. Hmm.. I know what my choice is.. wonder do you? I pray you do!.. Lets all be again strengthened in the Lord!.. His hands are extended to all who choose Him!.. that is how Great He is... and how much He loves us, each and everyone of us... *smile comfy-ly and assuredly*

No comments:

Post a Comment