Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Wednesday 23 April 2008

Who are the Risk Takers?

This thought came early this morning... this question of who are the risk takers? Now, as I think further of it, many names from the Bible came to mind... Abraham, Jacob, Esther, Job, Isaac, David, Solomons, Rahab, Joshua, Caleb, Moses, Mary, Joseph, John the Baptist, Jesus, Peter, Matthew, Paul etc etc etc..... many names came as I scribble away... and I believe there are more names than to what I have scribbled... So many of them were risk takers.. be it small measures or big measures but they were risk takers and their focal point was the same, that is, the Almighty God.. the Abba Father...

Mm.. I think I understand abit as to why this thought came at this time.. God is nudging me to be risk taker.. as I have always proudly claimed to be non-risk taker.. Always wanting to be safe in some sense.. Yet always ended up not being that safe after-all.. so strange but yet very true, ya.. how irony that is. But life is full of ironies, whether we like it or not.. or rather, whether I like it or not..

Where is this bringing me to, I wonder? Ah.. this thought came.. "to take risks in God is safe because God is in control." Mmm... does that make any sense? Means that to be risk taker, I am to be Risk Taker in God... But how do we truly know what is of God and what is not of God? We make time and spend time with Him, being still in Him, reading His Word, speaking to Him and hearing from Him..... getting to know His Heartbeat..... and then, I will know how to be Risk Taker in Him..... Looks like lots of work.. hehehe..... by the Grace of God and not by my strength....

"O Lord, looking at You, I have that sense of awe and peace, knowing that as You reveal timely truths in my life, I am able to follow.. and take the next step in You.... Thank You O Lord."

Yippee.. what a challenge this is... to be Risk Taker for God!... Lets all work together for the extension of His Kingdom and Glory! *smile confidently unto Him*... knowing that confidence comes from Him alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment