Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Sunday 13 April 2008

Can Life Be Simple?

Mm.. This question pops in my head just this moment... and I believe this is a famous question that many people asked... and it is continued to be asked seconds after seconds, minutes after minutes, hours after hours, days after days, months after months, years after years, etc etc...

The other way of asking would be.. "Can Life Be Simple with spouse and kids?" Lots of people are entangled in complexity of life.. but is it because of others? or is it because self-inflicted complexity? Mm... Can life be truly simple?

Here I am reminded of King Solomon, the wisest king on earth... and what he has written in the book of Ecclesiastes.. very profoundly true and deep in the hearts of men. And he concluded in Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14 to... "Fear God and keep His Commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." I would highly recommend anyone to read this book in the bible.. It may sound "meaningless" of life out front but if willing to take time and look deeper into the words written and expressed, the truth and the big clue of simple life is there... hehe..

When I was younger, I didn't quite appreciate the book Eccleciastes and wondered why is it there in the Bible? What is the significance of it? God in His lovingness and kindness revealed bits and bits of truth everytime I read this book.. and over the years, I begin to love and enjoy this book even more.. There are much wisdoms and truths in it and amazingly, it covers all angles of life.. well, you are looking at this great king who had it all and yet he said life is about one thing only and that is to fear God and keep His Commandments...

Well.. life can be simple.. I would think.. eventhough I am not married and have no kids.. and of course those who are married with kids probably would not agree with me.. hehe.. mm.. I guess I will only find out when i reach that stage of life.. But just based on the Word of God, I have faith that life can be simple.. regardless of the status of life (marital status, financial status, etc)... God makes life simple for us.. So, why are we complicating it?? Mm.. as usual, my usual concluding tagline, "something to think about and to reflect further about...." *grinning*.....

No comments:

Post a Comment