Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 6 March 2009

Free-will?

This word came up last night at a bible study... and it stayed with me.. and the questions that I have are these.. "Do we really want free-will?"; "Do we know how to handle it?"... ; "Do we truly know what are good for us and what are not?"..

I guess, as human beings, we longed to be free.. longed to do many things.... longed and longed.. desires after desires... that is how God wires us to be.. We are created in His own Image.. (Gen 1:27) Hmm.. I am not sure where this scribbling would lead me but somehow.. in my own tiny experiences of life, I have sort of concluded that it is best to be in the will of God than to handle life on my own.. I would rather have God handling my life than I.. because I do not know what the future holds for me.. God knows.. and He would be the best person to know what is best for me.. I have tried numerous times to handle life on my own, relying on my own strength and it ended up in a mess.. a mess that only God could clean up and restore.. and exactly that was what He did.

Frankly, my opinion is that a lot of times, we do not know what we are asking.. and what we really want in life.. or what is good for us.. that is how crazy it can be.. as the cliche goes, "Been there, done all those tryings and gotten bruises and cuts all over"..... and conclusion is still, to trust God and stay real close to Him.. Well, that is for me.. not speaking for others.. that is my choice of life; to try my very best to trust God and to look at areas of distrust and know that God is teaching me how to unravel them and turn them to trust... deeper trust in Him.. I still can be free and being free in God is such a sweet sweet freedom... knowing that He is watching over me..

God in His gentle ways would never shovel down our throats the things we are uncomfortable with.. He has His ways of bringing us to that point where we would be comfortable about them and being more assured in Him.. At the end of it all, the final destination is not the crucial crunch.. but the journey towards it, is... the process we go through to arrive to a point of life..

And I just want to end by sharing Psalm 119:105 that says..
"The Lord's Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.." Going back to His Word.. going back to spending time with the Lord.. that is the key to freedom.... *wink*

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Vivien. I was really inspired by your blog! I knew that you were going to say something last night:)
    " I still can be free and being free in God is such a sweet sweet freedom... ", this is soooo accurate! Thank God!--William

    ReplyDelete