Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Sunday 8 February 2009

Met with God..

I just wanna share this here today.. eventhough I couldn't share the full details here.. but God gave me a miracle last night.. it was so real and so amazing that I have no words to express it other than to praise God for His miracle.

I had two choices yesterday evening.. and I was contemplating..
  • First, to go to St John despite of the heavy downpour of snow and no transport home after church..
  • Second, to stay in the room because of the snow and no transport home after church..
And guess what I chose? the first.. I felt that I just had to be at St John last night despite of the weather.. and it was truly wonderful to be able to walk in the snow at night... with the snow once again falling on my face, hair, everywhere.. I love it.. strange but true..

Reaching the church, I was greeted with warmth and smiles.. it was just another service on a Sunday.. so I thought.. the worship was excellent.. the sharing and testimonies were thought-reminding.. and some were thought-provoking.. enjoyed kneeling down and having felt something worked in my little heart by God at that moment of kneeling down...

Then there was the altar call.. to come forward to receive freshness of God.. I thought to myself, "should I?".. I have been going forward many times and it has been wonderful and good and normal.. Was I being skeptical at that spur moment? hmm.. well, the next thought that came was "why not? what have I got to lose?".. and I did.. and there I stood in the front, being in the presence of God.. drinking in.. it was wonderful and good.. Then, for a moment, a little oddness or uncomfort trickled in but it was blown away by the wind.. Just felt that I needed to be there in the front.. I stood there for relatively a long time.. no one came to pray with me but that doesn't matter coz I could feel God's touch.. and since it was the end of the service and I had to go home via buses which is a long way, I went back to my seat.. I decided to linger around for a while, enjoying the music being played.. just soaking in..

While I was peacefully doing that, someone from the congregation came to me, spoke to me and said, "I felt you should not leave this place without being prayed for.." and invited me to the front again.. I was actually very moved by then.. and pleasantly surprised.. I know this is none other but God.. I went.. I waited for a while to be prayed for..

And, I was being prayed for by the vicar's wife who knows nothing about me at all.. and yet her prayer and her release of words was so so precise that I know this is definitely of God.. I cried.. I teared a little when I was on the buses home... and I am still crying even as I scribble here.. because God met me there last night and the feeling is beyond words described..

This awesome experience truly testifies God knows the deepest desires of my heart, our hearts.. It is in the midst of the ordinary that God chooses to appear and meet me, us.. because He loves us!.. and I just want to scribble that for me, I had my doubts and I (the mind) actually didn't really expect much from the service last night and thought it would be just another service but I believe my heart expected more.. and it was just amazing!.. I felt so light and uplifting as I left church last night.. it was a feeling like a little girl dancing in the snow in the night........ *wink*..

(Scribbler wanna believe God would use this scribbling to move and touch the very lives that He wants to touch; just as how she is being moved, zapped, touched out of her boots!)

words can mean alot to some and mean little to some
but I believe it is the Spirit of Living God undergirding the writing that touches lives..

No comments:

Post a Comment