Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Lift up my heart in Praise!..

a choice to do.. a choice to lift up my heart in Praise.. :D

Part of me was wondering abit more as I think about the up and coming interview and the potential this job could bring.. I was kinda freaking out a little.. asking questions like.. "Could this job be for me?" etc etc.. the weirdest questions just popped up!.. oh boy!..

but as I wrote to all my prayer partners this afternoon, God really spoke to me as I wrote...... It was just so amazing.. and I am so thankful to Him for comforting me.. and I just wanna share the email here.. bits and pieces of it.. more on the summary of the past months... :D

"A quick summary is that God is bringing me to different levels of grace.. and to have the freedom of extending much more grace to others.... I have never thought I would be able to do this.. but it is only by His wonderful and sweet Grace that I did and could.. yay!.. And I know that all these journeys/experiences would be wonderfully used by Him to reach out and help many many many!.. For He has indeed been using them!; to help many lives.. to help them to be set free and be free in Christ!.. and I am so excited that I could participate in and be part of these amazing breakthroughs of lives.. Words just couldn't describe how ecstatic I am! 

And this journey of life i travel thus far won't be possible if it is without your prayers and support..... I am forever thankful and grateful to Him for every friendship and relationship that I have with each and everyone of you... Love you all so so much!.. Think I am getting real emotional today as I write this email. I am filled with much joy and love and peace!.. Honestly and truthfully, come to think of it, it doesn't really matter to me anymore if I do get the job or not..... what matter to me the most is I live my life to the fullest as how He wants me to live.... and to be among His people...... *grin*. Wow, where did that come from? I feel so much better now!.. All focus on Him! yay.. heeeeeeeeeeeee....."

And I know many of you are praying for me even as you read my scribblings here... Thank you so very much.. And.. yes, regardless of the outcome, I know I am lifting up my heart in Praise to Him! and also, wanna share a daily devotion reading that I received today.. which just spoke so deeply to me.. God's timing is just so awesome!.. hee.. be blessed as I was blessed!.. I love the bits I highlighted in red most!.. :D

***********
April 13, 2011
New Paradigms
       By Os Hillman
"Yes, he has hidden himself among the baggage" 1 Sam. 10:22

If you want to experience something you've never done, you must do something you've never done. In his book Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing His Will, Henry Blackaby writes, "You cannot go with God and stay where you are."

God often has to radically change us if we are going to fulfill His purposes in our lives. Saul was about to be anointed by Samuel as the first king of Israel. Samuel said to Saul, "The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person" (1 Sam. 10:6). Up to this point, Saul had never prophesied or led a group of people. He had also never had to be accountable to a prophet and to God for his every action.

Saul took a big step of faith right away and prophesied with the prophets just as Samuel said he would. How exciting that must have been. Yet, when Samuel called the entire nation of Israel together to announce him as Israel's first king in history, Saul was nowhere to be found. This part of the story is humorous. Excitement is in the air, but when they call Saul's name, he doesn't even come forward. So the people "inquired further of the Lord, 'Has the man come here yet?' And the Lord said, 'Yes, he has hidden himself among the baggage'" (1 Sam. 10:22).

I recall when God began moving me from a career in advertising to a new ministry to men and women in the workplace that involved writing and public speaking. Neither of these were my particular forté. I was forced to do something I had never done.

The story of King Saul should be an encouragement to us all. God continues to pick the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. Your greatest setback can be thinking that there's no way that God can use "little me." However, the reality is that He can and will, if we respond to the new places He takes us.
Henry T. Blackaby, Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing His Will (Nashville, TN: Broadman and Holman Publishers, 1998), p. 132. 


devotion-logo copy.jpg
1 Corinthians 1:26-28
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are

No comments:

Post a Comment