Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Friday 3 December 2010

Is it worth it?

just pondering about "Love".. observing and reflecting of how people response about this in their lives.. thinking of my own response in the past and even now.. and I am reminded of God's love that is full and complete.. where human's love is not; even though we try to and many times, we try very hard to.


So, is it worth to love? It is nice to be loved, of course. Everyone wants that. But the question is; is it worth to love especially with the knowledge that we may not even be loved back, sometimes. The risk is there. So, is it worth it? In my own logical mind trying to understand the implication of things, it seems a rather complicated matter to decide. Yet, when I look to Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross because He loves us unconditionally; it just blows me away. His response clearly shows that it is worth it! and it is the same kind of love that we are to extend to others too.. Obviously God has set a high standard.. and it is only by His Grace that we are able to love.. drawing strength and love from Him to love and be loved too.

Think, probably today is the start of me winding down for the year 2010.. and to reflect of what I have done in the past months and praying into the coming months and year.. The many "what-ifs" that I have to lay down at the foot of the cross and trust that God will resurrect them if it is His Will... the many joys of witnessing lives being touched, encouraged and lifted up.. the many tears of disappointment and joy that are being sent up to Heaven... buckets, perhaps! yet, the peace of God settles.. and settling even more these days; regardless of what is ahead... Sometimes, I just do not understand but just telling God that all I want is to be in His House.. to be rested in Him.. The sky may fall; the walls may crumble.. it doesn't matter so as long as I remain in Him. Remaining in Him gives me the assurance that I am protected and hence, I am able to extend His Love to those who needs it. 

Indeed the Truth in His Word does set us free! May we truly know it in our heart of hearts.. May we truly experience it deep in our lives.. 

Well.. as I look forward to the weekend away with my C-group.. I know God will show up with His surprises in His Time.... *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment