Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Saturday 4 April 2009

Do you have unhealed wounds?

I couldn't resist but to scribble a little today in midst of busyness and work.. coz just know deep in my heart that this is of the Lord....... and that the Good Lord is always doing great work.. and this is one of the many moments that I am able to catch it and scribble it down......

God in His wonderful way has confirmed in my heart today that I had done the right thing..... with the following devotion I just read from the Vine... to take time to deal with the wounds and get healed... to spend more deliberate time in Him, and having Him walking side by side as I was dealing with the wounds..... Which is what I did.. and I am so ever glad and thankful to Him.. *grin*..

*****
Deal With Your Unhealed Wounds!

Physician, heal yourself!
Luke 4:23 NKJV

Did you know that in the Old Testament a priest could not serve in God's house if he had a scab, which is an unhealed wound or a bleeding sore? (See Lev 21:20.) Why? Because when you have a scab you're not up to par. You can't get close to others in case they bump into you and knock the protective cover off it. You're not at your best because the pain-drain is sapping your strength. You're afraid to talk about your scab in case people reject you, so you wear a mask, live on two levels and become insecure and controlling. Worst of all, you're so busy working for God and taking care of others that you don't think you have time to stop and take care of yourself. The Bible says: "Physician, heal yourself!" (Luke 4:23 NKJV).

Does this mean people with 'issues' can't work for God? No, quite the opposite. It's the broken who become masters at mending. But first you must take time to be healed. Jesus said that when the blind lead the blind they both fall into a ditch (Matthew 15:14). It's hard to talk about victory to others when you yourself are living in defeat. It's hard to bring emotional healing to others when you're still battling the unresolved issues of your past. When you are still bleeding, you can't treat people's problems with the same kind of aggressive faith you'd have if you'd already worked through the problem.

Is it wrong to have a wounded heart? No, but it's wrong not to deal with it. So, spend time with God and let Him make you whole so that He can use you to minister more effectively to others.
*****

This devotion just spoke so clearly of what needs to take place if anyone has unhealed wounds...... and it just amazing to see how it spoke of what needs to take place.... My favorite phrases are the ones highlighted in purple...... When I have worked through the problem, then I'd have the aggressive faith to help others....... and God has make me WHOLE so that He can use me to minister more effectively to others..... WOW!.. I love that.. I am smiling when I am scribbling this.... hehe..

and also, deep down, I could sense that God is telling me something else and one of them is that time has come for Him to use me in a higher capacity to minister to others...... well, I have been ministering the past one year plus, the past months but not in the capacity that I was used to.. I am grateful for His gentleness and His Love...... for His touch..

I am waiting on the Lord and waiting to see what He would want me to do.. I know in His time, I would know exactly what to do and where to go...... in the meantime, I just be faithful in what I can do, no matter how small or big it is...... pleasing Him is about putting down my own desires and just be free to please Him.. and God being who He is, He has taken into His interest to look into those personal desires of mine without me realising them........ *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment