Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Am I being tested? ^_^

Yesterday, received this devotion that says below...

****
You tested us,... refined us like silver... brought us to a place of abundance.
When Jesus explained the cost of following Him, some of His disciples walked away. Yet the impact of those who didn't is still felt in the world today. By the time they wrote their epistles, His apostles had learned to see every test in life as a chance to strengthen their faith and multiply their effectiveness.

Tests of faith are opportunities to surrender something of value to God, even when we have the right not to. In a test of faith you'll feel assaulted and stretched by circumstances, yet not distant from God; tried by them, but not judged or guilty. The Psalmist writes, 'For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver… you brought us to a place of abundance' (Psalm 66:10-12 NIV). A test of faith doesn't really test anything unless it pushes you beyond your last test - past what you've already proven! If you try to run or pull back each time you reach what seems like your limit, you'll never know how much you can trust God - or how much He can trust you. The fire that refines us like silver can come as a job lost, a relationship lost, good health lost, or a reputation lost. But with God, the end result is never in doubt. If you're wondering today, 'How much more can I take?' listen to the words of Bishop JC Ryle: 'This only we may be assured of, that if tomorrow brings a cross, He who sends it can and will send the grace to bear it.' In God's kingdom it works like this: 'Faith tested, character refined, abundance given.'
****


I feel that I am being so... and I am not trying to run or pull back this time.. well, am rather conscious about it in fact.. I am so assured by what Bishop JC Ryle says... "This only we may be assured of, that if tomorrow brings a cross, He who sends it can and will send the grace to bear it."  Nothing is more assuring than this.. that He will send the grace to bear it... *grin* and I am looking forward to the time when I get to look back at this time with hindsight.. and say, "with God, all things are possible!"..... praising Him even more.. walking stronger in Him; in all circumstances..... *wink*

lol.. seriously.. I think I am beginning to love this life I am living at this junction.. the excitement of uncertainties.. the knowing of the unknowing that is in God's hands.. the sense of trust in God.. the sense of rest in God even when things are super duper uncertain.. Who would have thought that I could walk thus far.. and still walking.. Not me, in my logical thinking.. It is definitely of God and from God.. It is He who has provided.. It is He who has guided me.. It is He who has assured in my heart... "Thank You O Lord".. 

No comments:

Post a Comment