Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Thursday 22 August 2013

what am I doing here?


At this juncture of my life; being back in my homeland.. asking myself this question and asking God the question too..

What am I doing here?

This question popped up as I am reading this book titled "Joni&Ken - An Untold Love story". Ken Tada asked that question when he was in Romania on Joni's speaking engagement trip to experience for himself what it would be like. God spoke to him there and then.. and one phrase that caught my eye was "It is NOT about you".

I kinda knew that for a good number of years now.. that, it is Not about me. It is about Him and His purpose for me. However, this time as I reflect, somehow, there is a different light to it.

Even as I scribble on, I remember a recent chat that I had. This girl asked me, "why have you decided to come back?".. with the tone seemingly indicating that it is a wrong move to come back.  Am I being too sensitive about it or was I right to catch the tone? Hmm.. it was a very interesting chat. I knew it is time to be back.. and so far, that is all I know but how do you share that with another person?.. I know in the days to come, looking back with hindsight, I would understand a little bit more of the why.

God works in mysterious ways and He always succeeds in surprising me out of my boots! I am waiting in anticipation and hope for He knows my heart's desires deep down.. while being contented where I am now.. enjoying being home.. reading.. spending time with mom.. seeing friends.. *smile*

(took this picture via google images)

Trusting Him as I journey on with Him and with the many friends He has blessed me with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment