Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Saturday 30 January 2010

the question "WHY"...

Currently, reading a book by Elizabeth Elliot titled "Keep a Quiet Heart".. and just want to share something that she wrote here.. on the whole area of asking the question "why".. She said, "do not be afraid to tell God exactly how you feel. God can take it.".. and according to her, it is not sinful to ask the question. However, what is sinful is when we have resentment against God and His dealings with us & doubt that He loves us.. So, let us not be afraid to ask the question "why" if we need to. The beautiful truth she shared was that in the darkness of her perplexity and sorrow, she has heard God say quietly, "Trust Me". I believe that He is saying that to me this day too.. :)

She ended with saying.. as we ask God, the why... we then listen for His answer... Below are six scriptural answers to the question WHY that she shared. His Word says it rather clearly.. and I have used NKJV except for one of the verses.. Enjoy and reflect.. Allow His Word to minister to us in a deep deep way... *wink*


1 Peter 4:12-13


12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.


Romans 5:3-4

3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.


2 Corinthians 12:9

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


John 14:31 (New Living Translation)

31 but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.


Romans 8:17

17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him,that we may also be glorified together.


Colossians 1:24 

24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,...

No comments:

Post a Comment