Reflecting and Scribbling away....

It truly makes u think deeper of life...

Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD: I trust in the mercy of GOD for ever and ever."

Tuesday 26 January 2010

James 3:1...

This particular verse seems to stand out for me today... and therefore, decided to look at it from various versions.. and it was interesting to see how things are put into place... I thought it would be interesting to put all the versions here.. just to share.. the seriousness of what this verse implies.. In fact, I think just by looking at the different versions, we could get an overall picture of what God is saying about teaching His Word.. without even me emphasising anything further.. I guess that is really the beauty of His Truth.. How His Word always stands for itself without being defended. I love it!.. *grin*

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. 
(KJV)

My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. 
(NKJV)

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 
(NIV)

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment. 
(NASB)

Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly. 
(NLT)

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.
(ESV)

Don't be in any rush to become a teacher, my friends. Teaching is highly responsible work. Teachers are held to the strictest standards. And none of us is perfectly qualified. We get it wrong nearly every time we open our mouths. If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you'd have a perfect person, in perfect control of life. 
(The Message; v1-2)

NOT MANY [of you] should become teachers (self-constituted censors and reprovers of others), my brethren, for you know that we [teachers] will be judged by a higher standard and with greater severity [than other people; thus we assume the greater accountability and the more condemnation]. 
(Amplified Bible)


As I reflect, I really think it is so vital to take it seriously with what we say and teach.. In fact, I find myself going to God even more these days, asking Him to show me how to manage this role.. for honestly, I am unworthy to teach His Word as I am still a sinner.. Who am I to bear such authority to teach? However, if this is what the Lord wants me to do, i.e. to teach His Word; He has to show me how and what.. And at the same time, He has to convict my heart in any areas of my life where I am not holy.. O! I pray for mercy and gentleness as He shows me those areas... for I am weak in my flesh..

The only thing that I do know is that I want to obey Him.. to fulfil the calling that He has given me.. "..to impart His Word to His people.." but the first part of His calling is to establish strong foundation in His Word which is something I am constantly looking at.. trying at least.. and by His grace, He always gives me understand as I read His Word. I am thankful for His many gifts upon my life.. and pray that I would be good steward of them as I live this one life... to make it count for Christ!.. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment